Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Twi-fail.....the end of the epic fail.


Before I begin, does the picture above make you cringe slightly?

Let me begin the post with a story. I was in a land far away forgotten by time, yes Tasmania. We were being visited by some friends when the subject of 'Twilight' emerged. I spoke about my 'Twilenge' as posted below and was immediately confronted with an array of questions and debates about the genuineness of this epic....er.....(insert your opinion on Twilight here).

It was about then that one of my esteemed and intellectually enhanced friends said to me, 'why would you waste your time?'. I thought about that. I thought some more. And some more.....and then a little more. A thousand reasons sprung to mind from literary criticism, to being able to have an opinion that is informed about the book that a dozen or so around me said was brilliant. But in the end as Marx once famously said, 'all that is solid melts in the air'. Or in other words, once the superfluous reasons for reading Twilight were pushed aside, I was at last confronted with the ultimate reality. Namely....

I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS!!!!!!

Plus...I have not got the mental and emotional power to maintain a 'semi-interest' in something that is less interesting and worse written than some of my son's 'Bob the Builder' books. So with my bookmark at page 182, I placed it to the side, and picked up where I left off reading other books which delights rather than infuriates. 

SO I FAILED!!!! Yes pick on me all you want, and yes I have no free lunch but at least I can say this, I tried. But to those of you loyal readers (I know there is about 5 of you out there) who are Stephanie Meyer lovers, I say in the words of Lisa Simpson 'Pick up Yurtle the Turtle, possible the greatest book on the subject of turtles there is'.....

SpruceMoose Out.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad. I congratulate you for your gallant efforts at depicting this mainstream distraction as an affront to intelligence. I gave it a go too but quit as I felt my testicles severing ties with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,

    I'm totally with you on the Twilight issue! See my own blog post http://inputs.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/twilight-2005/

    ReplyDelete

Posts older than 21 days will be subjected to moderation for purposes of spamming...